Saturday, July 14, 2012

Chicago Love

 Having grown up in NYC,
 I can honestly say, 
there was never a point in my life when 
I thought another city could even begin to 
make me feel the joy and happiness...
the sense of belonging that being in NYC could.

Enter in a man I thought was phenomenal,
One who I so desperately wanted to spend forever.
Someone whose world I wanted to know and experience for myself.
I chose to come to his home to see the place that shaped the man he is today.



And oh, how I love this city...
I've watched my appreciation for it grow 
despite the change in the relationship he and I share
And while there will never ever be a moment where
I can see myself loving this place as much as I love NYC
I still find being here spectacular.
And I'm happy to say its no longer because of him.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts....Be Blessed!