Saturday, July 14, 2012

Epiphany Part1: Just a simple sweet Gesture

So despite my decision not to see him
When I arrived in Chicago and he asked if I wanted to catch up
I  ....CAVED
Not sure why...perhaps it just felt like too much
to not go.
Waiting at the hotel,
I had no expectations of him showing on time 
or even showing up at all.

When he called and said he was down stairs, 
I put on the shoes I had been wearing all day
Grabbed my clutch and walked out the hotel door.
With a cup of water in hand...
I expected this interaction to be over by the time
it was empty.

Weird, walking down the hall to the elevator
there was no excitement or dread
Stepping out and walking, 
I caught his silhouette  was shocked ...
I wasn't sure if it was him.

As I walked over tentatively,
I noticed that he seemed to be different
But my mind couldn't figure out why.
Yet as the discussion began, I noted a huge difference
It seemed as though in the 1 year half that there had been distance
That he had changed...he listened...he seemed to genuinely care.
Advice was given frequently without being solicited,
Encouragement spoken without a need being spoke.

At some point in the conversation, 
I found myself truly in the moment
Watching his face as he talked about how I might be able 
improve my situation. 
Although he was speaking and I was listening,
it felt more like a "WE" interaction then I had ever felt before.
I smiled...then my heart screamed in my head
"Yes he is charming...but that is no reason to fall again"

Almost immediately I became aware of a huge hunger,
And I noticed my cup was almost empty.
This warm towards him needed to be diminished.
Then in a fit of randomness I blurted out my need to eat

So surprised to hear him ask what I wanted
And then offer to take me to get what I needed.
All I could think was who IS THIS MAN!
This man who seems to be so attentive.

As we walked and talked, 
that thought frequently entered my mind.
Looking for my lemonade in the grocery store,
I heard him turn and say
"Do you want my jacket"

Funny when I don't expect things 
my mind seems to come from the most simplistic places
As I looked him in the face,
I put my hands over my breasts and asked
"why are my nipples showing through my dress"
WOW....can you say embarrassing!

He quickly replied no and remarked...
"No you just looked cold".
To be honest, it wasn't until we walked out of the store 
that the magnitude of that behavior truly hit me.
That someone who for so long has been so inattentive
could attend so intuitively seemed too much to bare.

But this my dears was just the beginning of what would be a very interesting night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts....Be Blessed!