Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Ex... Return of the Southern Gentleman

Doubt that the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move, doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love.
~ William Shakespeare


Today how my soul remembered
the one who used to walk with me to class
the one who I would gravitate towards
as soon as you walked into a room,


How crazy it is just to think of it
how one play lead to one call
and now the space that was between us
is gone~
I must admit, that it was in that very moment
as we laughed...
as old friends once again spoke
 that I heard a voice grow warm...no longer cold!


To say I loved you back then would be impossible
For I loved you beyond that
and felt grateful for the hope that loving you restored...
no longer bound...you made me feel free!


What started out as me being a momentary replacement
turned me into this woman who only desired
your gentle heart to be joined with mine


Its weird to have you back with me
but I can feel the rush of hope replenish my mind
with you I dream of cute lil babies
Of nights where its just you and I.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts....Be Blessed!