Monday, February 20, 2012

Thanking him for teaching me forgiveness..ode to a once hated ex




“In love, it is better to know and be disappointed, than to not know and always wonder."-Anonymous

The other day 
while on the phone texting to the southern one,
 I thought about the "city one"
the one  who for so long
I have loved and desired.
Quickly I found myself saying
"THANK you!" with conviction.

The reality is that I am able to love now
because loving and dealing with our ups and downs
taught me to forgive out of love.
I seriously feel that he and I 
will never have a friendship worth much
I have given up on desiring him to be
 the kind of friend I need

But I accept that in his deviance
I learned a lesson that has changed my life
The lesson of loving despite 
or in-spite of it all.

Sounds silly I am sure....
 When it hit me how differently I respond to the "southern one"
I had to acknowledge how the battles with the "city one"
Created in me an ability to hear
To see with compassion.
I still do not think it is possible 
to love anyone more than I loved him
But I am grateful that the desire to see that love shared 
has passed
But most of all I'm grateful 
 that those past experiences toughed me up
enough that I can still hold on to love, 
in the mist of behavior that is unlovable.
I learned that my love is "deeper" than I ever thought imaginable!
And so is my ability to forgive...yet I had never noticed!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts....Be Blessed!